- Information We Collect
1.1 Information We Collect and Receive. In order for you to use our Site, Software, and transact Business, we need to collect and process certain types of information. Depending on your use of our Site, Software and Business, this may include:
- Information you provide to us by completing forms on our website: For example, your name and contact information, or any other information you may provide in the forms on our website;
- Information you provide to us by contacting us: Any personal information you may provide to us when you email or call us, such as name, phone number, employer, and any other details you provide in your communications. Willdan may also request your contact information for the purposes of having someone contact you for additional information, or in response to your request for information from us;
- Transaction information when you engage in Business with us;
- Customer feedback information you provide us, such as by filling out surveys;
- Information about your activity through our Site or Software, including your device information, such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions through the Site or Software; and
- Information provided for prospective and present employment with us.
1.2 Information from Children. Willdan does not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from anyone under 13 years of age, and children under 13 are not permitted to register for or use our Site or engage in Business. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it. Legal Guardians can contact us with any questions by sending an email to email@example.com.
2. How We Use Information
Willdan may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide access to the Site, Software, and other aspects of the Business;
- To provide customer service and support services;
- To process any financial transactions you or your company makes with us;
- To process applications for employment;
- To keep your information secure such as by monitoring for security irregularities, and to be able to verify your identity and contact information;
- To update you with news and services from Willdan;
- To ensure our Site, Software, and Business are relevant to you and your interests;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To contact you in response to your requests such as our Contact form available at https://b3benchmarking.com/contact/; and
- Use for other purposes we may disclose to you in the future.
3. How Information May Be Shared
Willdan will never sell or rent any of your personal information, and we will never share your personal information publicly without your consent. However, we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our Business. This may include:
- Companies and financial institutions we may partner with to process payments;
- Service providers where we store your data to support delivery of our Business;
- Third party analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site, Software, and Business, and to provide relevant information to you regarding our Business; and
- When required to do so by law.
Whenever we share data with third-party services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do.
We also reserve the right to disclose personal information when it is reasonably necessary to conduct our business, protect Willdan’s legal rights and property, and to comply with the law or law enforcement.
4. Protection Of Your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously, and follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and process. Willdan has therefore put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information that Willdan collects. Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so Willdan cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. Data Transfers
6. Basis for Processing – European Union Residents
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
- Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to transact our Business, and assist with any questions you may have;
- Consent: We may ask your consent to process your personal information in some situations;
- Legal compliance: There may be legal circumstances where we need to collect and use your data; and
- Legitimate interests: This is a term in data protection law that allows us to process your personal information if we have a fair reason to use your data, and only if we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in running our business, including for transacting our Business, fraud prevention, quality assurance, and marketing purposes, as long as our use of your data does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
7. Email Notifications
We try to keep email communications to a minimum, and give you the ability to opt-in to any marketing communications we send. For example, we may send you email relating to our Business or to solicit customer feedback, such as through surveys. You may also elect to receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt-out at any time. You can also opt-out of receiving email information or mobile device notifications from Willdan by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request. If we have sent you a promotional email or mobile device notification or message, you may send us a return email or mobile device communication asking to be omitted from future email or mobile device distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Willdan as a result of transacting Business, or other pertinent transactions.
We will hold your personal information on our systems as necessary to perform the relevant processing activity for that information, or as set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. This is a case by case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected, why it is processed, and any relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, we may retain your data for as long as you maintain an account with us so that we may process and transact Business with you. We may also be legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. When the relevant processing activity has been completed, we may destroy your data, or alternatively anonymize the data in such a way that you are not personally identifiable, either directly or indirectly.
9. Personal Information Requests – California and European Union (EU) Residents
Users of the Software, Business or Site visitors residing in certain locations, including California and the European Union, may be afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights may include 1) the ability to request access to or a copy of the information we have collected about you; 2) the right to review our data collection practices related to you; 3) the ability to request deletion of your personal information; 4) the right to request correction of any information we hold about you; 5) the right not to be discriminated against due to your exercise of any of the preceding rights; and 6) the right to request portability of your data. In certain circumstances, you may also request restriction of, or objection to the processing we perform about you. While these rights are not globally applicable, our customers are entitled to access the personal information that we hold about them.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that we hold about you. Residents of California may designate an authorized agent to exercise certain privacy rights on their behalf, and should make any such request by contacting the above email address. To protect your privacy and security, Willdan may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to, correcting, or deleting data. We will attempt to respond to your request for information within 30 days. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
Willdan will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of the rights afforded to you by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Recognize you whenever you visit this Site or use the Software (this speeds up your access to the Site and Software as you do not have to log in each time);
- Support security and authentication features on our Site and Software;
- Obtain and use information about your preferences and use of the Site and Software;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products, and services, and to help us better understand our users’ requirements;
- Improve the speed and performance of our Site and Software; and
- Make your online experience more enjoyable and efficient.
Types of Cookies: The cookies we place on your device fall into one of the following two categories:
- Session cookies: these allow our Site and Services to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device.
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our Site and Software to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
The cookies that we place on your device may also be:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our Site, Software, and use their features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use the Site and Software, for example, which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our Site and Software work.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow our Site and Software to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
You can opt-out of online behavioral advertising cookies and similar technologies by using the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool available here, or if located in the E.U. you can make your choices here. Please note you may continue to receive generic ads.
Controlling Cookies: Your browser may give you the ability to control some types of cookies. If you do not want to accept the kinds of cookies you can control, you can change your browser settings so that certain types of cookies are not accepted.
If you turn off any cookies, please be aware that you may lose some, or all, of the functionality of this Site. For more information about cookies and how to disable them please check one or more of the following resources:
11. Questions, Comments, or Complaints
Attn: Legal Department
5800 Baker Rd., Suite 100
Minnetonka, MN 55345
Willdan strives to satisfy our customers’ and visitors’ privacy concerns. However, if you have contacted Willdan about your issue and are still unhappy with our response, and if you are also a resident of the European Economic Area, subject to applicable law, you may also have the right to object to Willdan use of your personal information, and to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. More information is available here.